Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Help for Newer Members

edited April 21 in Official OMARC News

The agenda for most OMARC meetings usually includes topics that have been going on for a while. If you weren't here when the conversation started, it can be hard to catch up on the issues and even the vocabulary. For example, I joined OMARC while the club was planning for Field Day, and everyone else in the room knew all about Field Day. Needless to say, most of the discussion made no sense to me.

If you're a new member, or a member who's missed a few meetings, or even if you just fell asleep last month and missed something, we can help.

Starting at the May meeting, a couple of club officers will be available at 6:30, before the actual meeting at 7:00. We'll talk informally about everything that's going on around the club and answer any questions you may have. It's totally optional, of course, but if you'd like to get caught up on something, or you have questions you'd rather not ask during the meeting, this is your chance to get some one-on-one help. Our goal is to help everyone feel at home!

Thanks,
Keith K2UNI

Comments

• I think this is a great idea! The only problem is, who will open the training center early? Don't we have to have someone open the doors?