Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FGN 4/25/17: The First 10 Minutes

Here is the first 10 minutes of the Farmers & Gardeners Net for the date of April 25th 2017.

----->NOTE: MP3 recording is at the bottom of this post in a ZIP folder<-----

Participants:

1. CJ KD2IIN (Net Control)
  2. Steve K2GOG
  3. Bill N2JNU
  4. Aaron KC2NDA
  5. Paul AC2UQ

Topics covered in first 10 minutes

1. Spring planting status
  2. Animal droppings
  3. Chaga - Where it grows and what its good for

Please take the poll below to help us better share the net summary and recordings. All responses are anonymous, so give a listen and cast your votes.

Net Recordings
  1. Would you like to listen to the rest of the net?5 votes
    1. Yes
      100.00%
    2. No
        0.00%
  2. Who was too loud?5 votes
    1. CJ KD2IIN
        0.00%
    2. Steve K2GOG
        0.00%
    3. Bill N2JNU
      80.00%
    4. Aaron KC2NDA
      20.00%
  3. Who was too low?5 votes
    1. CJ KD2IIN
      100.00%
    2. Steve K2GOG
        0.00%
    3. Bill N2JNU
        0.00%
    4. Aaron KC2NDA
        0.00%
  4. Who was "just right"..... audio level wise5 votes
    1. CJ KD2IIN
        0.00%
    2. Steve K2GOG
      20.00%
    3. Bill N2JNU
        0.00%
    4. Aaron KC2NDA
      80.00%
  5. Would you like the entire net recording posted?5 votes
    1. Yes, but as one file
      60.00%
    2. Yes, but in 10 minute increments
      40.00%
    3. No
        0.00%
  6. Audio levels: Thoughts5 votes
    1. It would be good to listen to the net in a raw audio format
      20.00%
    2. It would be nice if someone can re-master the audio to normalize the levels of all participants
      80.00%

Comments

• I shared the "visual" of the recording so you can see how loud some people's audio is and also what the "kerchunck" sound when the repeater drops out looks like.

• Thanks for all the write-up and the poll and setting up our record system. Nice work Steve!

• I agree.. great work.. Steve, there is a signal mixed in there with your transmission. Is your TX possibly affecting it? Or is it possible dirty shack mixing? ;)

• Its called desense wiseguy. To resolve it would require greater seperation distance between the RX and my TX. I could look to put a narrow notch filter in line with the RX or use a directional antenna.

Or just not participate on the net from home.
  • Or move the box to a new location..

• Its as far away as I can put it. The RX is up in the attic and the TX is is 20 below and 20 fert away in opposite direction. Eventually I will sort it out once I move all the TX to the field 150 feet away.
  • Think outside the box.. ;) Maybe at 805 location.. If we had internet there it would be perfect..

• You just opened a big box of worms. BIG. BOX. :o
  • BIG BOX of worms!

• This is certainly the right place to talk about worms and especially those in big boxes.

Worm castings make great soil additives. Wish I knew more about that topic, but they made a raised garden bed I have built on Long Island work fantastic,

• I could go on all day just on worms.. :)

• Talking or Eating? ;) I am not sure how to decipher that last comment..

• So as for the 10 minute clips? WTFRICK!?!?! Why would you even come up with this? Is it because it is a pain to stitch it together? What is the solution for this? I think we all want to hear the whole thing.. We want our cake and east it also!

• Based on no feedback (Feedback definition being more than 7 people to comment), posting of any further net recordings in whole or in part will be de-prioritized for now.

• That is a bunch of crap..

• Show me the votes and lets get it turned back on plus make it better.
  • corporate tease.... :)

• We need those votes PEOPLE! Looking forward to the net tonight, 6/13......49 days later after this thread got started.